19 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — “Iron Man 3″ filming is underway. Maybe you noticed detours downtown this morning. Chestnut between 2nd and 3rd streets was closed for filming.

Fences were set up to keep people away from the “Iron Man 3″ set, but they’re certainly not enough to keep some fans from getting as close as they can.

“Hopefully to see one of the actors; maybe the director,” said fan David Koser, who drove more than five hours from Spartanburg, SC, to see filming in downtown Wilmington.

Police and security guards kept fans back as crews filmed inside the Cape Fear Club. As some people watched from the street, Koser and his friends got a birdseye view from a nearby parking garage.

“I’m a fan of action movies, and I’m a fan of the comics, so watching the ‘Iron Man’ movie just kind of makes sense,” Koser said.

For now the only thing he’ll see are crew members and transport vans.

“We’re all hopeful that we’re going to end up at least meeting someone,” Koser said.

But these fans were not so lucky Tuesday. Insiders tell us star Robert Downey Jr. pulled away from the set in a SUV before fans could catch a glimpse.

We’ve also learned that the crew is also filming scenes near Wilmington International Airport.

Comment on this Story

19 Comments on "Crews set up downtown to film ‘Iron Man 3′"

guesty

No problem.

Commonsensenotcommontoday
2015 years 9 months ago

If I EVER drive five hours to catch a glimpse of someone famous, I want one of you to put me out of my misery.

Grand Ole Party
2015 years 9 months ago

I have no clue what all the fuss is about either.

SurfCityTom
2015 years 9 months ago

it’s only 4.5 hours to Charlotte. Consider it a promise if I find you attending the Democratic Gathering in July.

GuestMan

I promise.

Commonsensenotcommontoday
2015 years 9 months ago

…but what are the chances that someone is going to leave a fully loaded B-2 unlocked and with the keys in it?

DebbieCC
2015 years 9 months ago

Actually I don’t care how much anyone else earns; only my paycheck affects me. I’m a pysch student, it was interesting to see I was able to upset 7 strangers. Thanks for your help.

Grand Ole Party
2015 years 9 months ago

We were just interested to see how upset you seemed to be over total strangers causing traffic issues. Thanks for your help.

Guest Reply
2015 years 9 months ago

Let’s just hope that when Iron Man shoots his laser beams from his suit, he doesn’t miss and hit any of the roads around here. We’ve enough pot holes without a blast from a weapon(s) creating more damage. Downing,Jr. left the scene so quickly so he could get out of the 1000% humidity outside and into an air conditioned vehicle!! Making $6.75 an hour filming like he does…wouldn’t you?
He ain’t No Foo!

Grand Ole Party
2015 years 9 months ago

Why would you blast the actor? Have you ever told your boss “No that is too much money to pay me?” Really? I guess they will stop paying them so much as soon as people stop paying so much at the box office.

Guest6475774675
2015 years 9 months ago

Really? One block being closed is going to screw up your drive to work that bad?

DebbieCC
2015 years 9 months ago

Great!!!!So the h*ll with us non-important workers attempting to get to work. Hooray, for the millions Downey will earn. When will people start blasting actors for the absurd amount of money they make?

taxpayer
2015 years 9 months ago

from the libs who feel actors, musicians, and sports figures “deserve” the millions they make…but the attorney or physician earns too much…they’re part of the “evil rich.”

Guest CommonTater
2015 years 9 months ago

Wow…. Life sucks for you that bad eh? The only people that will “start blasting actors for the absurd amount of money they made” are the have not whiners that just want to complain about something.

Have a nice day!

ahh duhh
2015 years 9 months ago

I live in Wilmington about 10 Mins from where they were filming downtown and I didnt drive a second to see them film. I drive buy and have walked by shows and movies being filmed a number of times you never see anything worth getting excited over!

Guest 10101

. too excited 4 sleep thinkin about the big trip 2 the city
. now driving, got hours an hours 2 go
. keep havin 2 stop 4 bathroom breaks, just soooo excited
. just saw sign for Wilm (thats where the big stars R)
. stopped 4 7th time 4 bathroom break
. drove around lookin 4 someone selling maps to them movie sites
. cant find none
. yep, here i am standing right next to a gen-u-wine movie trailer!
. still standing next to the trailer after 5 hours
. saw some people who looked important
. still hoping to see an actor or someone
. dark now an time to go home
. driving home now
. sooo cool to have been standing near people so much more important and better than me. life changing.
. thinking next week about driving to a bigger city an looking at all those tall buildings. life changing.

Das Weibstück
2015 years 9 months ago

Feel sorry for the guy that drove all the way here to “see” an actor. Seriously? Get a life !

Guest24
2015 years 9 months ago

I agree with your statement….same goes for all those ticket holders going to Pro games. If we all keep paying the high ticket prices by going to the games then they will keep earning “high” dollars.

jeremy
2015 years 9 months ago

When are u people gonna worry about ur income & not every1 elses?
i make 36,000 a yr & what downey jr makes is no concern to me, if it bothered me then i should have taken acting lessens in life. If you’re not making enuf money to make u happy then quitt ur job and get one tht pays u more
as far as ballplayers getting BIG $$$ thats great, i enjoy watching the games