make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Wilmington residents return home after natural gas leak

READ MORE:
 

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Residents in the 1200 block of Castle Street were given the "all clear" to return home after an early-morning evacuation caused by a residential natural gas leak.

The StarNews reports the Wilmington Fire Department says crews found a gas meter missing from a home.

A Piedmont Natural Gas crew was still on scene at 4 a.m., but residents who had been pulled from their homes at 2 a.m. were back inside.

It all started with an emergency call at 2:01 a.m. Wednesday reporting a natural gas leak. Fire crews, police and Piedmont Natural Gas employees responded to evacuate residents and get the leak under control.

No injuries were reported.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

What?! That is kinda

What?! That is kinda important! Can we please get more info? Should neighbors be worried?