CHARLOTTE, NC (AP) -- A 12-year-old Cherryville boy who was hospitalized for more than a month because of an E. coli outbreak at the Cleveland County Fair is home.
Jordan McNair walked out of Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte on Thursday.
He spent 35 days in the hospital, part of it on a ventilator and dialysis.
There were 106 E. coli infection cases tied to the fair in Shelby. Two-year-old Gage Lefevers of Gastonia died from complications of the illness.
The illness typically is spread from animals and animal waste to humans.
State health officials planned to present the results of their investigation Friday afternoon in Shelby.
Beth McNair says she's excited to have her son home. He's looking forward to riding his bike and shooting his BB gun.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)