make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire sparks inside Wilmington apartment with occupant inside

READ MORE:
21127B00-PSQMU.jpg

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- A Firebelly Lounge employee helped save a man after a fire sparked in the kitchen of his apartment while he was sleeping.

It happened just after 1:30 a.m. on North Front Street, close to Firebelly Lounge.

Wilmington fire crews received the call from an alarm company after the smoke detector went of inside an apartment.

A Firebelly Lounge employee told crews he saw smoke coming from the balcony of a nearby apartment. The employee then kicked open the door, and found the occupant sleeping in his room. The employee helped the occupant out of the apartment before crews arrived.

After investigating the fire, firefighters determined that it was likely started by an unattended pan on the kitchen stove.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Fire at Firebelly.....

What's going on down there??? We NEVER had that problem when that place was Texas B.B.Q.! And we had an open pit!

Very Nice

Very nice job on the English language and reading comprehension. As pointed out by other people commenting, if you read the story, a Firebelly employee saved a man's life that fell asleep while cooking in his own apartment. The story had nothing to do with Firebelly. Maybe that's why you are no longer in business. Way to go.

That employee is a Boy Scout

That employee is a Boy Scout in Troop 19 and a Previous member of the Wilmington Fire Department Explorer Youth Program. Both of which build great character and teach the importance of helping others.

You never had any business

No offense Bro but I've had better "Texaque" in Canada!

And now?

You don't have an open pit anymore. You don't even have Texas B.B.Q. anymore.

Doesn't sound like you should be critiquing how Firebelly's is running their (sucessful) business.

the fire wasn't at

the fire wasn't at Firebelly, it was at a nearby apartment...at least according to the article, which you apparently didn't read.

Firebelly is kind of

Firebelly is kind of awesome. This sleeping occupant shouldn't cook anymore and go eat there instead.

And you'll NEVER have that problem in the future

because, uhhhh, oh yea, your not even still in business over there.