Dog dies in Wilmington house fire
hintonfire.JPG

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- A house fire in Wilmington this morning killed a family pet.

The fire started around 9 a.m. at a home on Hinton Ave. Crews had it out by about 9:30 a.m.

Investigators say the fire in the the two-story house began in the kitchen.

Smoke and heat damages were extensive throughout the structure, and damage estimates are $100,000 to the structure and $50,000 contents.

No people were home when the fire started, but there was a dog inside that died.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.