NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Working to strengthen the economic and social conditions of the Cape Fear by increasing access to affordable, safe and healthy housing for everyone – that is the goal of the Cape Fear Housing Coalition.
You’ve seen historic homes and extravagant homes, but next month you can tour affordable homes in the area.
On Saturday, September 9, tour the “Real Households of New Hanover County”. According to CFHC’s Facebook page, this event includes:
• 8 Affordable Homes & the Partnerships that helped create them
• Information on local Housing Organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Good Shepherd, etc.
• Information on Fair Housing & our Affordable Housing Street Sheet
• Unique snacks and drinks at each location
• Transportation between homes that will highlight other important neighborhood partnerships
• After Party at Waterline Brewing
Tickets are just $10 each. To purchase them, click here.
To learn more about the event, click here.
Sponsors of this event include: Good Shepherd Center, Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
AMEZ Housing CDC, Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry, Inc. (WARM), Cape Fear Regional Community Development Corporation and the Cape Fear Community Land Trust.