WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — This is your spot for the information you need to take your shot against COVID-19.
A free COVID-19 vaccine will be available to all who want it, but supplies will be limited at first. Vaccinations are first available to groups of people who are more likely to get COVID-19 and those more likely to get dangerously sick from it. Use the links below to find your vaccine group and vaccine locations or learn more about how to find your spot.
According to the North Carolina Health and Human Services, the state is currently vaccinating Groups 1 and 2.
Group 1: Health care workers & Long-Term Care staff and residents
- Health care workers with in-person patient contact
- Long-term care staff and residents—people in skilled nursing facilities, adult care homes and continuing care retirement communities
Group 2: Older adults
- Anyone 65 years or older, regardless of health status or living situation
For more information about COVID-19 Vaccinations from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, visit here.
Bladen County Health Department
- COVID-19 Hotline is open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday at (910) 872-6291
For the latest updates from the Bladen County Health Department, visit here.
Brunswick County Health Department
- Call the Public Health Call Line at (910) 253-2339 and select the option for vaccine information
- Listen to the prompt and then select the option to enter the queue to schedule an appointment (as vaccine supply allows)
- The health department will only take calls to schedule appointments Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For the latest updates from the Brunswick County Health Department, visit here.
- Those 65 years and older in Brunswick County can sign-up to get a COVID-19 vaccine here
- New appointments are added every Friday evening
- Health officials are still encouraging you to sign up for a MyChart account to provide all necessary information, including date of birth to confirm eligibility, prior to their vaccination appointment. Recipients do not need to be affiliated with a specific healthcare system to sign up for MyChart
Columbus County Health Department
- To make COVID-19 vaccination appointments, call (910) 640-6615 extensions 7070, 7072, 7074, or 7075
For the latest updates from the Columbus County Health Department, visit here.
NEW HANOVER COUNTY
New Hanover County Health Department
- Vaccinations can be scheduled by calling (910) 798-6800 when appointments are available
For the latest updates from the New Hanover County Health Department, visit here.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Vaccinations can be scheduled here or by calling (910) 662-2020 when appointments are available
- NHRMC has an email notification list available. Visit here to sign up to receive email notifications when COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available
- Vaccinations can be scheduled here or by calling (910) 407-5115 when appointments are available
- For community members who would like to sign up for WH Community Alerts, visit here.
Pender County Health Department
- COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center (910) 663-4200
- The COVID-19 vaccine call center is open Monday – Fridays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to provide vaccination information
- You can also schedule an appointment by visiting here, and clicking on the red banner across the screen.
For the latest updates from the Pender County Health Department, visit here.