make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire

Dog dies in Wilmington house fire

READ MORE:
A house fire in Wilmington this morning killed a family pet. The fire started around 9 a.m. at a home on Hinton Ave. Crews had it out by about 9:30 a.m. Full story...
»

Charity takes donations for NC Green Beret family

READ MORE:
The Army's Special Forces Command is releasing more information about the Green Beret who died trying to save his two daughters from their burning North Carolina home. Full story...
»

Special Forces soldier dies trying to save kids

READ MORE:
A Special Forces soldier who recently returned from Afghanistan and his two young daughters are dead after he tried to rescue them from their burning home near a North Carolina military post. Full story...
»

UPDATE: Firefighters battle flames at house fire

READ MORE:
A house fire off Carolina Beach Road Wednesday night gave firefighters a tough time. Full story...
»

FIRST ON 3: Meridian Village fire ruled accident

READ MORE:
Investigators say an apartment building fire last week was an accident. Deputy Fire Marshal Grant Vick says investigators are still trying to figure out exactly how the fire started at Meridian Village Apartments on Northchase Parkway Thursday. Full story...
»

Smoke south of city is woods fire

READ MORE:
The Wilmington Fire Department says smoke in the city is from a controlled burn in Brunswick County. Full story...
»

Three more children injured in fire out of hospital

READ MORE:
Three teens injured last week in an Onslow County house fire that killed three of their siblings are out of the hospital. Full story...
»

ONLY ON 3: Home, burial plots among donations for family devastated by house fire

READ MORE:
videoFrom food and toys to money, folks are stepping up to help out the Pittmans. A fire early yesterday morning destroyed their home in Jacksonville, killing three younger children. Full story...
»

ONLY ON 3: Family talks about escaping from apartment fire, losing everything

READ MORE:
videoWhen a fire broke out at yesterday at the Meridian Village Apartments, firefighters initially thought the building was empty. At least one family, though, was home. They made it out safely, but they just about everything they had, including a child's beloved pet. Full story...
»

Fire destroys apartment building; resident says all is not lost

READ MORE:
video Several residents are displaced Thursday after a fire emergency responders say engulfed the entire building. Although the building was destroyed, one resident Meridian Village Apartments says not all was lost. Full story...
»

Fire destroys apartment building; no one hurt

READ MORE:
video An afternoon fire has destroyed a New Hanover County apartment building. A witness saw the fire at Meridian Village on Southeast Northchase Parkway and called 911 around 2 p.m. Full story...
»

FIRST ON 3 UPDATE: Marine credited with saving alleged drunk driver who crashed into liquor store

READ MORE:
video Investigators say a drunk driver is to blame for a fire at a liquor store last night. Meanwhile, a Marine is being called a hero for pulling the driver from the burning truck and building. Full story...
»

Fire leaves five families homeless, ruled accident

READ MORE:
video An apartment fire in Wilmington yesterday left five families homeless. Neighbors say a man passing by noticed the fire from the alley and quickly tried to notify tenants of the danger. Full story...
»

FIRST ON 3: Another Holden Beach home on Starfish Drive catches fire

READ MORE:
Firefighters responded to a blaze at 111 Starfish Drive in Holden Beach Saturday around 7:30 a.m. Less than one month ago, the home received water damage while crews worked to put out another fire that destroyed two homes next to it. Full story...
»

Fire damages Pender Co. business

READ MORE:
video A fire at a Pender County factory this morning left employees cleaning up the damage. Employees at the Chloride Systems plant in Burgaw got quite a surprise friday morning when they discovered a fire in the production room. Full story...
»