Battleship named second best attraction in NC
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The Battleship North Carolina was one of the most decorated ships of World War II. And in its decades of retirement, it continues to rack up the honors.
The latest is being named the second best attraction in North Carolina in USA Today’s 10Best Reader’s Choice Awards.
USA Today’s 10Best enlisted a panel of North Carolina travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting for their favorites.
“We were proud to be named in the list of Top 10 Attractions when the contest began,” Battleship Marketing Director Meaghan Holmes said in a news release. “And to be voted the second best attraction in North Carolina by our visitors, fans and city we are truly honored and thankful, we appreciate all the support.”
The Battleship finished second behind Mount Airy Main Street. The top 10 winners in the category Best North Carolina Attraction are:
- Mount Airy Main Street – Mount Airy
- Battleship North Carolina – Wilmington
- Biltmore Estate – Asheville
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens – Durham
- Grandfather Mountain
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- International Civil Rights Center & Museum – Greensboro
- Cape Lookout National Seashore – Harkers Island
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Corolla Wild Horses – Corolla