Crews battle house fire in Wilmington

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Wilmington Fire Department and New Hanover County Fire Rescue responded to an early morning house fire Wednesday in Wilmington.

According to New Hanover County Dispatch, crews responded to the fire at 15 Rogers Avenue around 4:30 a.m.

A press release from WFD Assistant Fire Chief Rick Pearsall said officials first noticed light smoke and later determined the fire spread to the attic and roof. Crews put out the fire quickly and said it is believed to have started in or near the fireplace.

Duke Energy is in the process of shutting main power off to the residence.

Three adults and two pets were in the home at the time. Officials say everyone made it out safely. There were no injuries reported. The Red Cross is assisting the victims.

Crews are still on scene.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.

Categories: Local, New Hanover

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *