FEMA assistance available for Bladen County

BLADEN COUNTY, NC (WWAY) – If you live in Bladen County, you can now apply for FEMA assistance.

Bladen County has been declared for Individual Assistance as of October 10. If you have damage or loss from this disaster, you may register & apply with FEMA now at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
Information You Will Need:

Social security number
Address of the damaged home or apartment
Description of the damage
Information about insurance coverage
A current contact telephone number
An address where you can receive mail
Bank account and routing number for direct deposit of funds
For questions related to the application/registration process you can call 1-800-621-3362 or Bladen County EOC at (910) 862-7809

Emergency Services Director Bradley Kinlaw says there are currently FEMA individual assistance housing inspectors in the county assessing damaged homes, which is part of the registration process for applicants.

Kinlaw says these inspectors are fully credentialed and should be able to show evidence of that during an inspection. Kinlaw says to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (910) 862-6960 if you’re concerned about an inspector.

Categories: Bladen, Local

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *