Flames sparked by smoking materials destroys storage building

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Firefighters say smoking materials sent a storage building up in flames early this morning, leaving the structure completely destroyed.

Wilmington Fire crews say they got the call just after 5:30 a.m. reporting an outside structure at 4134 Masonboro Loop Road was on fire. They say crews began battling the flames soon after, but were unable to save the storage building.

Firefighters say the flames did about $25,000 worth of damage to the building. Investigators say smoking material that was not disposed of properly sparked the fire, deeming it accidental. They say no one was hurt in the fire.

Categories: New Hanover

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *