Pender and Brunswick counties accepting applications for heating help
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) – In two weeks, Pender and Brunswick counties will begin accepting applications to its Low Income Energy Assistance Program.
The program provides a one-time annual payment to help eligible families pay their heating expenses.
Applicants must meet income and other eligibility requirements. Also, a heating bill and verification of all household income must be provided with the application.
From December 1 through December 31, applications will be taken only for households with a person 60 or older living there, or a disabled person receiving SSI, SSA, or VA benefits and receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services.
Starting January 2 through March 31, applications will be taken for any household, as long as funds are available.
You can drop off applications at the Pender County Department of Social Services between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or at the Hampstead Annex on Mondays and Wednesdays between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Here are additional Pender County locations and dates:
- St. Matthews Baptist Church in Rocky Point on December 6 and January 10, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Atkinson Town Hall on December 8 and January 12 from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Willard Outreach Center on Hwy 11 on December 5 and January 23 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Moore’s Creek Missionary Baptist in Currie on December 8 and January 12 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Topsail Senior Center on December 13 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Maple Hill Location to be determined
In Brunswick County, you can apply at Social Services in building B at the County complex. Applications will be accepted Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
Here are addition Brunswick County locations and dates:
- Supply Senior Center on December 2, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Shallotte Senior Center on December 5 and December 16 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Oak Island Senior Center on December 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Boiling Spring Lakes Senior Center on December 7 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Town Creek Center on December 8 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Southport Senior Center on December 9 and December 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.