Small fire sparks Walmart evacuation in Leland


LELAND, NC (WWAY) — A fire this afternoon at the Leland Walmart cause employees and shoppers to evacuate.

The call came in just before 3:30 p.m. Leland Fire and Rescue chief, John Grimes, says a fire broke out in the fire pump for sprinkler system.

A fire extinguisher was used to put out the fire. Investigators say there was no danger to employees or customers.

Categories: Brunswick, Local

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *