Two men plead guilty in Halloween home invasion

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Two men charged in connection with a violent Halloween home invasion in New Hanover County have pleaded guilty and are headed to prison.
Selwyn Davis and Alston Allen, both 19, pleaded guilty Thursday, Aug. 13, 2026, in New Hanover County Superior Court to robbery with a dangerous weapon and first-degree burglary.
Both men received five to seven-year active prison sentences.
According to investigators, officers responded to Kerr Crossing Apartments around 11:30 p.m. on Oct. 31, 2025, after receiving a 911 call reporting that a man had been injured.
The victim told officers that masked men forced their way into his apartment while he was sleeping and beat him with a blunt object, leaving him bloodied.
Investigators said the suspects stole a watch, safe, cash and marijuana from the apartment before fleeing.
Detectives developed information early in the investigation that eventually led them to four suspects, including Davis and Allen.
Surveillance footage from a camera near the victim’s apartment showed three masked suspects forcing open the door with a crowbar and entering the residence. Investigators said two of the men appeared to be armed with handguns.
Additional surveillance footage from another apartment complex showed the men later returning in Allen’s vehicle to an apartment there.
Investigators also used cellphone records, videos and photographs as evidence linking the men to the home invasion.
Searches of the suspects’ vehicles and apartments uncovered additional items investigators said were relevant to the case.
Investigators believe the attack was gang-related.
Two other men charged in connection with the home invasion, Torrelle Shaw-Johnson and Kenneth Broadus, are scheduled to go to trial in March 2027.