20+ kids taken to hospital after pool incident
BLADEN COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The director of Emergency Services in Bladen County said about 25 kids were taken to a nearby hospital after too much chlorine was pumped into a water park.
The incident happened this afternoon at the White Lake Water Park. Bradley Kinsaw said a pump malfunction released a small amount of concentrated chlorine in a pool. He said the children displayed symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Some were transported by EMS. Others were transported by personal vehicles.
Several agencies are on scene. There’s no word on if the pool is closed and if so, when it will reopen.