WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — More flights are coming to Wilmington International Airport later this year.
American Airlines announced Thursday they will be adding daily, nonstop service from ILM to Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW) starting December 19.
Tickets will go on sale this weekend.
The airline says DFW is American’s largest hub, with more than 750 daily flights to more than 200 destinations.
This route is the latest of a number of additional flights has added to ILM in the past few months. Here is a quick recap of those additions:
- ILM-Washington, DC, Ronald Reagan International Airport (DCA) went from weekend only to daily
- DFW began Saturday only service this summer (through Aug. 18) followed by daily service beginning Dec. 19
- New York Laguardia (LGA) is adding a third weekday trip
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) is starting daily service this summer
- ILM continues to have nine daily flights to CLT, American’s second-largest hub
In total, American is adding 19 flights to ILM, bring the weekly total to 121.