SURF CITY, NC (WWAY) — The driver that police say killed a woman and left a toddler in critical condition following a car crash over the weekend is now facing DWI and drug charges.
The Surf City Police Department responded to a crash on NC Highway 50 Saturday around 9:30 a.m. that resulted in the death of Robin Blankenship. Blankenship was reportedly traveling west on NC Highway 50 when a car traveling eastbound crossed over and collided head on with Blankenship.
According to Surf City Police Department, 20-year-old Travis Luckinbill, of Raleigh, has been arrested on more than a dozen charges including:
- Felony Death by Motor Vehicle
- Felony Serious Injury by Motor Vehicle
- Driving While Impaired
- Careless and Reckless Driving
- Driving after Consuming an Impairing Substance by Person Less Than 21 Years of Age
Driving Left of Center
- Possession of Unfortified Wine by 19/20-Year-Old
- Open Container of Malt Beverage
- Possession of Fraudulent Identification Card
- Possession of Schedule I (MDMA/Ecstasy)
- Possession of Schedule II (Adderall)
- Possession of Schedule IV (Xanax)
- Possession of Schedule VI (Marijuana)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2 counts)
Police say Luckinbill was discharged from New Hanover Regional Medical Center Monday and was taken into custody.
Luckinbill is in the Pender County Jail under a $100,000 secured bond.
The investigation is still ongoing by this agency along with assistance from the N.C. State Highway Patrol, the N.C. Alcohol Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office.