Hammerheads continue push to playoff bid
WILMINGTON, NC (HAMMERHEADS) — The Wilmington Hammerheads will travel to Harrisburg this Saturday, to play at the Skyline Sports Complex, kicking off at 7pm.
Wilmington and Harrisburg City Islanders last met on June 3rd where Wilmington took away a 3-2 lead. Currently, Harrisburg sits in tenth place, whereas Wilmington is one spot ahead in ninth. Head Coach Mark Briggs stated, “We are on the cusp of earning a playoff position. It’s a massive game. The players know what they must do.”
Wilmington Hammerheads FC notes
- Current record: 7-12-9, 89 points
- 239 shots, 93 of which have been on goal
- Accumulated 87 saves with an overall .654% save percentage
Harrisburg City Islanders Notes
- Current record 7-15-6, 87 pts
- Lost 4-1 against NY Red Bulls on September 7th
- 267 shots, 128 of which have been on goal
- Accumulated 80 saves with an overall .606% save percentage
With only two games remaining in the 2016 season, Coach Briggs concluded, “It’s at a point in the season, where nothing else is acceptable. The amount of chances we’ve been given, we have to take one. It’s now or never.”
Don’t miss all the action as Wilmington takes on Harrisburg City Islanders Saturday, September 17th at 7pm. You can catch all the action at the Fox & Hound, the Hammerheads Official Watch Party Location.