Man facing slew of drug charges following 2-month investigation
WILMINGTON,NC (WWAY) — A Wilmington man was arrested after a 2-month long drug investigation by the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office.
Detectives arrested Gerick Diwell Turner, 40, in Wilmington late Tuesday night.
NHSO says Turner was stopped on Martin Luther King Jr Parkway and was found to be in possession of trafficking amounts of heroin, cocaine and crack cocaine.
Detectives searched Turner’s home located on Walnut Street and found an additional trafficking amount of heroin, marijuana and manufacturing aids. Detectives also found a loaded handgun.
Deputies say there was approximately 1,000 grams of cocaine, 31 grams of heroin, over 950 bindles of heroin and 15 grams of marijuana.
Turner is being held at the New Hanover County Detention Facility under the following charges:
- Trafficking heroin by possession
- Trafficking heroin by manufacturing
- Trafficking heroin by transportation
- Trafficking cocaine by possession
- Trafficking cocaine by transportation
- Trafficking cocaine by manufacturing
- PWIMSD heroin
- Manufacturing heroin
- Manufacturing cocaine
- PWIMSD cocaine
- PWIMSD marijuana
- Manufacturing marijuana
- Possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- Maintaining a dwelling
- Maintaining a vehicle
- Simple possession of marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia