Home Tags Fire
Officials say that Whiteville fire crews responded to 117 E. Clay Street around 9:00 p.m. The home belonged to police Lt. Andre Jackson according to the city.
No injuries were reported as a result of a small electrical fire Thursday morning at West Bladen High School, shortly after school personnel arrived to work at 7:30 a.m.
A gas station in Whiteville that closed more than a year ago is destroyed, after a fire broke out early Thursday morning.
After one local business owner lost everything, a community stepped up to help him pick up the pieces. By Friday evening, the fundraiser for P.T.’s Grille owner Aaron Hyatt had reached $5,000.
A burn ban is now in effect in Columbus, Pender, New Hanover, Brunswick, Bladen, and Onslow counties on all open burning due to hazardous forest fire conditions.
Brunswick County has issued a burn ban for unincorporated areas until further notice due to extremely dry and hot conditions.
What goes around comes around. For a Leland business owner, he is in shock at how the community is rallying behind him.
A cause has yet to be reported by Wilmington Fire, but they say no one was hurt as a result of the fire.
A police vehicle caught fire Sunday during a busy holiday weekend on Carolina Beach. Police say no one was hurt.