Shallotte road work extended another month


SHALLOTTE, NC (WWAY) — The North Carolina Department of Transportation says weather delays mean work on a busy intersection in Shallotte will continue into next month.

The DOT says intermittent lane closures at the intersection of US 17 (Ocean Hwy) & US 17 Business south of Shallotte will continue through Thursday, Oct. 15, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. The closure is necessary for crews to finish the final paving of the roadway and intersections. Once completed, the DOT says the work will improve the traffic flow in the area by extending the left turn lane which will allow continuous through movement on US 17.

Last month the DOT blamed weather for another delay that pushed the deadline for the work back to today.

Motorists are advised to use caution while traveling in the area, and expect delays. NCDOT reminds motorists to watch signs for construction information, stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.

You can get updates on traffic condition in the Traffic Report section of the WWAY NEWS mobile app. Download it today for iOS and Android.

Categories: Brunswick, Community, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *