Home Teacher of the Week
Teacher of the Week
Teacher Of The Week - Entry Form
Rules and Guidelines
- Teacher of the Week nominations will be accepted from the following public schools in the following counties: Brunswick, Bladen, Columbus, New Hanover and Pender.
- Employees of WWAY, any co-sponsoring entities, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible.
- Teachers can only be awarded “Teacher of the Week” once per fiscal year.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations that one teacher can receive during the yearlong promotion for Teacher of the Week.
- DATES of Giveaways: Tuesdays throughout the traditional school year.
- The gift card to Staples that the Teacher of the Week receives MUST be spent on educational materials only.
- Applications must be filled out in their entirety in order to be reviewed by the Teacher of the Week voting committee.
- No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply
A Pender County teacher who is known for his enthusiasm and use of technology is helping students overcome challenges to learning and comprehension of math.
Kelly Hayes has been teaching for a very long time and she enjoys seeing her students' eyes light up when she reads to them.
As teachers retire or leave the profession altogether, there's an ongoing need for public school teachers and that need is especially prevalent among special education, science and math teachers.
From cooking empanadas and slicing avocados to deep-frying street corn fritters and plating Mexican hot chocolate pies, students in the Family and Consumer Sciences class at Topsail High School are learning more than just how to prepare a delicious meal.
A teacher at a school in Columbus County has made it his mission to educate and groom a new generation of livestock farmers and veterinarians.
Shallotte, NC (WWAY) -- Walk down the halls of Shallotte Middle School and you may hear Joey Bullock's hearty laugh. A graduate of Wyoming State...
Music is known for improving one's mood, reducing stress and improving communication, things any of use can benefit from.
COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- Step inside Tara Williamson's class and you'll quickly see hand painted coats of arms displayed on the walls. "The students...