Woman injured in Hampstead house fire


HAMPSTEAD, NC (WWAY) — Pender County fire crews cleared a fire at 99 Pearson Lane in Hampstead that injured one person Sunday.

Tom Collins, the director of Pender County EMS, said a woman went to the hospital with minor burns. Collins said the call came in around 4:45 p.m.

He said the house had no power, so the tenant was trying to re-fuel a generator outside. He said there may have been fuel on the outside of the generator, so it burst in the process. Collins said that happened outside of the house.

Collins said the house did sustain some damage, but the house is not total loss.

Collins said it took fire crews about 45 minutes to clear the scene. He said the cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

Categories: Local, Pender

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *