Tests: No carbon monoxide in baby deaths at housing complex

DURHAM, NC (AP) — North Carolina’s state medical examiner’s office says it has found no sign of carbon monoxide poisoning in the deaths of two infants at a public housing community in Durham where the gas has forced recent evacuations.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner issued a news release Thursday saying that the two infants who lived in McDougald Terrace tested negative for the gas.

The news release said that a determination about the causes of the infants’ deaths are pending an autopsy but that it it was releasing the information about the negative tests because of public health concerns.

Categories: Associated Press, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *