WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) – In the weeks leading up to Tuesday’s mid-term election, board of elections officials across the Cape Fear have had to scramble to find new places for voters assigned to precinct locations damaged during Hurricane Florence.
The Bladen County Board of Elections office said the Bethel precinct, which previously met in the former Lion’s Club Building in Dublin, was severely damaged during the storm. Those voters will now go to Singletary United Methodist Church located three blocks from the former precinct.
In Columbus County, voters in the Ransom precinct used to meet in the VFW at 102 Highway 87 in Riegelwood but they will now go to the Ransom Event Center on Highway 11.
The Pender County Board of Elections says only one precinct was impacted by the hurricane. Residents assigned to the Middle Holly Precinct have been instructed to vote at the Maple Hill Fire Department. Two precincts will be voting at this location.
The New Hanover County Board of Elections has two changes to precincts due to Hurricane Florence. Voters who reside in precinct H12 will now vote at Blair Elementary School located at 416 Edgewater Club Road in Wilmington. Voters who reside in precinct W30 will vote at JC Roe Center located at 2875 Worth Drive in Wilmington.
In addition, the board of elections director said the following changes in New Hanover County are relatively new this year and may be unfamiliar to voters:
- The voting enclosure for precinct W24 has moved from the UNCW Warwick Center to the UNCW Burney Center.
- The voting enclosure for precinct CF06 has moved from the Life Activity Center at Northside Baptist Church to the Northside Kids Check-In Room at Northside Baptist Church.
- Voters who reside in H01 will now vote on Election Day at Cape Fear Christian Church located at 811 College Rd. N., Wilmington, NC 28405.
- Voters who reside in FP03 will now vote on Election Day at Kure Beach Community Center located at 118 Third Ave. N., Kure Beach, NC 28449.
- The entrance to the voting enclosure at precinct FP04 (Myrtle Grove Middle School) has changed. Voters should now use the entrance on the left-side of the school that directly enters the gym.
The Brunswick County Board of Elections said there were no changes to precincts as a result of Hurricane Florence but two locations have been adjusted due to other reasons:
- Precinct 6 (Bolivia) is now voting in the Brunswick County Cooperative Extension Office located 25 Referendum Drive, Building N in Bolivia.
- Precinct 20 (Sucession 2) is now voting at Caison’s Creek Clubhouse at 1720 Caison’s Creek Drive Southwest in Supply.
Polls will be open Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.